Thank You

To : Audre Lorde, Toni Morrison, Maya Angelou, Gloria Naylor, Alice Walker, Asha Bandele, Tananarive Due, Iyanla Vanzant, Octavia Butler ( Maryse Conde, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Jamaica Kincaid, Zora Neale Hurston and many more)
Inside the books
On my crowded shelves
Lives God
Written by women
Who channeled
Their gifts and birthed worlds
I've had the pleasure to travel.
Words that have stripped me
Down to nakedness
And frantically I've searched
My flesh for answers
Stripped my mind
Until I've spoken words
That honored my knowing.
Women
Who have challenged to pry
Open my mouth 
And speak my sounds
Into existence.
Women
Who have inspired me
Clamor under rain
And dance self-worth

Women 
Whose words
 Have 
Sat me down
And feed me
Life's cruel beauties
Sometimes their words
Felt crammed down my throat


Veste/Jacket : Armani Jeans
Jupe/Skirt : Mango
Body : Extra Me
Echarpe/Scarf : Uniqlo
Chaussures/Shoes : Just Me
Make up by : brownsugarsecrets
xoxo

CONVERSATION

Fourni par Blogger.